To be an exceptional and responsive academy sponsor providing life changing education, skills and experiences for individuals in our academies and in their communities.
- We believe that education can transform lives
- We respect the individual, relishing the contribution that diversity brings
- We strive to be the best we can be, actively and with pride
- We look after our environment to keep it safe, healthy and inclusive
- We lead by example and work as a team
- We take responsibility for our own actions and are active in finding solutions to any problems
- We respond flexibly to the needs of our students and take advantage of opportunities in the City of Leeds and the wider world
Leeds City Academy LAB Members
Paul Morrissey - Chair / Board Nominee
01/03/2018 – 28/02/2021
Paul is currently working as a leadership consultant and on a part-time PhD in History at the University of Huddersfield.
Richard is Principal of Leeds City Academy.
Erica Hiorns - Vice Chair / Board Nominee
19/05/2018 - 18/05/2021
Erica is currently a school improvement advisor for Leeds City Council. Erica previously worked as a Head of Post 16 and Head of Modern Foreign Languages.
Ann Nicholl - Board Nominee
01/09/2017 – 01/09/2020
Ann is a Lay Minister for the Parish of Leeds City and formerly Head of Agnes Stewart Church of England High School
28/02/2019 - 27/02/2022
Debbie is the Deputy Head at GSAL.
Mike Diaz - College Nominee
01/09/2019 - 31/08/2022
Daniel Khan- Staff Governor (Non-Teaching)
08/10/2019 - 07/10/2022
He is the Lead Attendance Officer at LCA.
Alex Halpin - Staff Governor (Teaching)
21/01/2020 - 20/01/2023
He is a Teacher of History at LCA.
Yingqi Wei (Annie) - Board Appointee
06/01/2018 - 05/01/2021
Annie is a Professor of International Business at the University of Leeds.
Andrea Cowans - College Nominee
01/09/2019 - 31/08/2022
Andrea is the Director of Student Life at Leeds City College.
Thasleem Akhtar - Parent Governor
09/01/2018 – 08/01/2021
Thasleem has previously worked as a banking clerk and is now a stay at home wife and mother.
LAB Attendance Register
Click here to view LCA LAB Abridged Minutes 09.10.18
Click here to view LCA LAB Abridged Minutes 26.11.18
Click here to view LCA LAB Abridged Minutes 15.01.19
White Rose Academies Trust of Board Directors
Click here to view the full details of the WRAT board of Directors.
Register of Interests 2018-19
Click here to download Leeds City Academy's LAB Register of Interests 2018-19.